Friday 18 November 2011

Weebles Wobble but....

Did the 'out' thing again last night.

Bear decided I was accompanying her to the shop, and she wasn't taking no for answer. Come to think of it, she rarely takes 'no' for an answer. Can't say I'd really noticed before.

Anyway's, she was unanimous in that.

Of course, it took three times longer than if she had gone alone because of the wobble stops, but it turned out to be quite fun. I had these ruffty tuffty young Yorkshiremen giving me big hugs, shouting "Go Grandad!", and offering to give me a 'leg and a wing' lift up the hill.

Lots of jokes about whatever I was on, they wanted some, and some really interesting chats why a couple of them were 'on tag', and their views of the British legal system (they, ahum, aren't too keen).

Good lads. Well, I know, 'bad lads', but I've watched a few progress from being 10 year old little twonkers kicking the heck out my garden fence and 'egging' my windows, moving on to being bored teenagers hanging around the beer-off smelling of strange herbal substances.

Then they'll disappear for a few months, re-appear with plastic contraptions strapped to their ankles, get a Legal driving licence, find a nice girl, settle down with a job, and become fine, upstanding members of the community. Two were on leave from the Army. "Yeah, y'right" one told me. "It was either that or the nick Gramps. No regrets" :)

I went to the shop and I survived. Well pleased.

Huh. 'Gramps' indeed! :)

No comments: