Thursday 16 February 2012

It was Bear and I's 26 th anniversary of the day we met t'other day.

She was 19, I was 27.

We were looking at some photo's her dad took when she was 13 or 14, and it was creepy.

We remembered she was one of my pupils I taught ice skating at Silver Blades rink in 1979, when she was 14, and I realised she was the little twot I had to threaten to chuck off my bus a couple of years later for having a go at some poor chap on a late night run to Stocksbridge (I was the driver with a bloomin' useless clippie.)

I remembered it because a conductor was called in for discipline to head office with a very similar personnel number to mine after a complaint. It took Arundel Gate (the bosses) a while to realise the poor chap was (a) A conductor (b) doing a totally different route, and (c) He was a different colour, with an utterly different name, and twice my hight.

Still docked him half a days pay for the time he spent in the queue. I wasn't popular.

Oops then, and Oops today. Ahem.

1 comment:

Jo said...

happy anniversary to you both for the other day
Josie x