Friday 17 February 2012

Spring Resolution

........ not to be so grumpy and serious.

Well, grumpy anways :)

Snippets.

I've nagged Bear to get me some fresh fish and shell fish. Non of this breaded stuff. Good old gal hates whole fish. She doesn't like the way they look at her. But, she bit the bullet and got me
a couple of Sea Bass. Whole Bass. Heads, eye's, guts everything.

The proviso is that I gut and clean them myself. Couple of days later, one is in the freezer, one is still in the chiller. How the heck do I gut and fillet a fish with one hand? Grip it between my knees? Answers on a post card please :)

~~~~~

Viewer warning. Serious here.

I've had, and to be honest, not for the first time, an odd experience. I do have an email friend I could ask about this privately, but I suspect I'm not alone with this.

My lasses cousin had, until yesterday, a cat for about 6 years. Lovely chap he was.

I was very distracted at 4 am while watching the news, by an intense - I've no idea how to describe it - image? sensation? internal video? My Bear calls it spidey sense. That Felix was about to be run over.

We found out that evening he was. I chose to do nothing. I could have prevented it. Keep Felix in because......? And if they had and it didn't happen? Or they ignored me and it did? Anyways, a very distressed family.
~~~~

My lad has lost his job at a major international bank :(

3 comments:

Rarelesserspotted said...

Hi Wheelie
I'm so sorry to hear about your son's job and the family cat. Firstly, qualified people always do well in getting another job. There was nothing you could do about the cat - don't beat yourself up about it, nothing for you to have done.
I'll chat with you on e-mail.
x

Rarelesserspotted said...

By the way - in so far as the sea bass is concerned - a beautiful and delicious fish. There is a way to do it perhaps with one hand. Try laying something reasonably heavy to keep it from moving and gut it only. Leave the head and all the bones etc. Put sliced limes (or lemons if you haven't got any) inside the fish and under the gills, wrap in foil and bake it in the oven. I'm drooling thinking about it.

Wheelie said...

Cheers RLS :)

Received your mail, very much appreciated. You made Bear smile :)