Sunday 5 February 2012

Owzer.

I'd forgotten how much a couple of knackered ribs felt.

I'd also forgotten it also gives you earache. I'll let you work that one out.

Long, long ago, aside from various chest operations, I developed an uncanny knack of falling from high places. Cliffs, walls, ravines. A lot of them quite notable. Mam Tor comes to mind. That one broke two ribs and both wrists too.

Free climbing? Mountaineering? Heck no. Fell running. Here's a map, a compass, those are your way-points lad, see later. On the Mam Tor occasion, I was chatting to a couple of nice german lads, and as they turned away one of their rucksacks hit me in the back. You don't feel a thing until much later.

I, out of gratitude later, applied to join Edale Rescue. "Nah lad" explained a soft Scottish brough. "Y'jinxed" :)

I once managed to fall from the head of a lion in Trafalgar Square. Don't do it. Gives you heck of a headache. Wrong turn maybe?

Those who know me now knows I'm terrified of heights. It's called extreme aversion therapy......

No comments: