Monday 21 May 2012

Don't worry be happy



I've just read a restaurant review that that included the word 'excrescences'. Though I hate those places with a passion, I love reading reviews. The reviewer was the excellent Matthew Norman, so I'll let him off. Just this once. Excrescences indeed. I could do without reading words like that at tea-time, aka Lunch, if one's posh.


From Google. 

  • A distinct outgrowth on a human or animal body or on a plant, esp. one that is the result of disease or abnormality.
  • An unattractive or superfluous addition or feature.
Looks over shoulder and whispers.. Hey, you'll never see me wordy like that. Honest.....

~~~~

Went for a wobble with Bear to a shop. Across the field, then across a main road. It's hills, hills all the way. 

Not bad on the way down. Roads are ok. These have steps and drop kerbs, which is cool. 35 degree fields are not. Yes. I admit it. I measured it. I'm nerdy, and there's an app for that. Oh, and just for the record that's, given a 35 degree angle, and knowing the distance, a roughly 155 foot rise between top and bottom. So there. Don't need an app for that.

Takes The Bear 25 mins alone there and back. Took us 40 mins together. Might have been a bit quicker without Bears swearing breaks. I wos shocked. Shocked I tells you :) Ker-knackered I am.

~~~~

I spoke to a politician today. I don't know what I expected. I'm old school. Come from a time they made sense, even if it was disagreeable. It started out fine. They phoned me. Hard as I tried, I couldn't get any sense out of the chap.I wheedled, cajoled, jollied, pushed and parried. I reassured him he wan't being recorded. 

And.... ? Nuthin. He talked sound bites and rubbish. I swear he was a confused actor who'd never seen a script. Maybe he had one, but I wasn't following it. I'm not even sure it was English. So here's a word for you.

Obfuscation. 

  • Obfuscation (or beclouding) is the hiding of intended meaning in communication, making communication confusing, wilfully ambiguous, and harder to interpret.
G'night folks.

No comments: