Tuesday 5 June 2012

Deathwalk

 Bear and Tots are out  doing what passes for  'camping'  nowadays with son'o'mine at Ingomells for a couple of days. Laddo says that she's very much in demand for Karaoke.


"I can sing, can't I Dray? she asked  on the phone. Actually sweet heart, you can. Despite being 80% deaf, she really does have the voice of an angel. One of these days I'm going  to have to post a clip of her singing. She really is very good. Understatement. And I'm not saying that just because she's my missus.


I went alone to the shop a few hours ago. I will never, ever, do that again. 


It was ok going down the field, and when I got there, the shop keeper said "Oh, Dray, you bloody idiot, you should have phoned!" which was a bit of a surprise. I needn't have been. I'd forgotten how strong and inclusive the bonds are in the Pakistani community.  If I did phones, they told me, they really would have delivered, free of charge, however small.


The way back was really tough. Uphill all the way. I'm not ashamed to say I was in tears when I got back. Stupid idiot fruggin' body. It's not like I could plonk my arse, because that would mean trying to stand up again.


I grabbed a couple of hours sleep, then I've had a steady stream of neighbours bending my ear. O.k. I get it, bless 'em. Amazing.


But I did it. I did :)  



2 comments:

Rarelesserspotted said...

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
Ayrton Senna

Well done, don't overdo it, but well done!
X

Wheelie said...

Thanks RLS. Life without purpose is no life at all I guess :)