Friday 20 July 2012

Animal Farm


My Bear is getting crafty in her old age. I've put a total ban on her lending to anyone, because we'd had a couple of instances were we'd gone without because she'd been a big daft softy. Our circumstances and my financial acumen are such that, that should never happen. 


So how's she worked around it? Buying silly stuff off people. For instance, a pair of flip flops from someone for a fiver. Cheap? Not when I know they cost £2 originally. Multiply that up a few times...?


My girls need shoes like a Giraffe needs a neck extension.


Worse, that means the buggers not only make a profit, but don't have to pay back. Eeeek!


Still, only myself to blame. She has spent 27 years watching me make a few quid here, a few quid there. Sigh. Now then, how the heck do I stop her, AND stop myself being hoisted by my own petard. Answers on a post card please, for which by the way, I only charge £3.50 each ........
~~~~
One has rather overdone it lately. I've tried very hard to get out more, which means a wobble to a local shop once a day with Bear, a journey that with rests that's taking about 50 minutes. It takes Bear alone 20 minutes.


It's been painful, stressful and exhausting, and at least I've found my original plan to go it alone would have been impossible. So the quadrophonic nagging I get if I should suggest that I go out alone means they were right. To quote Terry Pratchett - bugerit, bugerit, bugerum.


The neighbours have been marvellous. Lots of leg pulling and "Oi, what are you doing out?" and "Don't drop 'im Bear". Ha Bloomin' Ha.  :)


Still, I'm inordinately pleased with myself. But I'm taking a long break now. Overdoing everything and being available 24/7 is what got me into this mess in the first place.
~~~~


My Tots has brought home Hammy The Hamster for school holidays. Bear has agreed to look after Marco the Dog for a few days. So, lets recap. Three Cats. Two dogs. One School Hamster, who seems to be fascinated by Sigma the dog. What with wife, kids and pets, it's like a bloomin' zoo around here. 


Hang on? Who's paying for all this? Er... where did everyone go?..............   

No comments: