Saturday 6 October 2012

Apples at Wheelies

A bright and breezy day. Managed to get plenty of sleep - well, in short bursts, despite the best efforts of Jazzy the kitten, whose preferred method of getting me up is to lick my beard or crawl under the quilt and nibble whatever's closest. This morning she nibbled. Shot out of bed like a rocket.

Whoo Hoo! Me time! Picks self up off the floor. Hello Floor.

Luckily I don't mind being up at 04:45. Sleep can be an annoying interruption to life. Usual routine. Once out of the bathroom, news on, while a pint pot of strong tea brews, then text editor on and tapping out notes while keeping an eye on the time while listening to Paul Lewis podcasts on my phone.

06:00. Checks blood sugar levels. 5.4 A teeny bit low. Tablets. Counts tablets. 13? Bear's got it right. Have to take 'em, otherwise I feel like I have a bad case of flu - streaming eyes, streaming nose. Is it a side effect of taking them in the first place? I dunno.

Don't bother with Facebook. Not my thing. My Bear loves it though. To be honest, I'm not very sociable. I'm the original Grumpy Old Man. Tried some toast. Not into toast. Can't see the sense of it. Why buy bread if you want to burn it? I paid a quid fifty for that loaf. Or rather, she did. Dog eats toast, Dad drinks tea. Much keyboard tapping, ensure I'm decent for video conference with mates in Japan and Sweden.

You did notice I said nothing about getting clothes on didn't you? Gotchya.

O7:00. Follow Dog around garden with carrier bag for poop. Talking dog tells me he wants a walk on nearby field. Stuffed get.

Plans Bears itinerary for the day. Based on what she may or may not have told me. All through this, I'm tapping out notes on my text editor, and knocking together my personal non-profit newssheet Apples. Thinking of making it online only. Does a risk assessment of idea. Hmmmm.

08:30 Shouts Bear. Told to get stuffed. So I do, for an half hours rest. 10:00 "Why didn't you get me up?" Sigh.

Yes dear.








No comments: