Tuesday 24 September 2013

Copper Chopped

I'm learning a lot about style and formatting from other bloggers.

I'm much more used to writing academic style documents that have to be spoken with rhythm and pace in a time slot. If that sounds an odd combination, then go listen to a High Anglican service that has been translated to English from the original Latin. 

Done correctly and with insight and imagination, it's quite beautiful. In fact, I'd recommend just going, closing your  eyes and whatever their saying, listening to the lilt, ebb and flow. The subject doesn't matter. 

Then go and play with what you've learned. Listening to other people isn't for every writer because they either cannot, or worry, about external influences. Personally, I can compartmentalize influence.


Apparently, I'm quite ill. I'm told I'm dropping off unexpectedly and I'm a 'funny colour'   Nah, tired. 

I slept 8 hours, followed by a stint of 16 hours. I've been a 4-6 man all my life. Not uninterrupted - over the last three weekends the next door neighbors have been out of their heads on something(s) doing Karaoke 80's hits until 3 am with a lot of 14-17 year old's, which is bearable now and again.

But this weekend another neighbour called the police because his van windscreen was smashed, his bathroom window broken, and as I discovered the next morning, my little wireless weather station  has been broken, for the second time.  I don't think I can repair it this time. I have to find at least £80 to replace it.

Police can't do anything. I have to prove a link, apparently. I Have To Prove? Crikey. Hasn't the police force changed?





No comments: