Wednesday 1 December 2010

Warning. Not for the sensitive. Time limited post :)

As you may know, I do a little fund raising for the Stroke Association.

This time of year, I get a bunch of Raffle Tickets. Which leaves me right open to blackmail.

A so-called friend has offered to buy £20 worth if I post somewhere on the net a couple of the most awful photos of myself. I'm notorious for hating having my photo taken.

Here seems to a good a place as any :)

A bit of haggling later, he lifted his stipulation that they should be recent, and paid up in advance.

Here goes - for 24 hours only (shudder !!)


And that's yer lot.

..............and there it is, gone. D'yknow, it's only just occurred to me, if I'd had thought on, I'd have charged per photo, darn it. Still, early doors yet :)

So far, £120 raised. To quote the bard - "'tis not as deep as well, or as wide as a church door, but 'tis enough".. ... Thank you to Dave for his contribution. You , you, person, you :)


Psst. 'tween you and me, I look exactly the same now. Which I'm not sure is a good thing :)

4 comments:

Rarelesserspotted said...

Great photos - well done!

Wheelie said...

Cheers RLS, much appreciated :)

It's not so much the money - though only ones deitie(s) know that cash can be very useful.

Awareness is the thing.

The UK Stroke Association runs something called Talk Stroke. Link in my sidebar.

Invariably, it's a forum where carers, stroke survivors, those wanting information, or those worried about stroke, chat.

But there's no reason why anyone at all shouldn't register and log on to chat and help out.

Feel free to :)

Jo said...

good idea, nice to 'see' you. I know what you mean about having photo's taken, luckily I look like my cartoon pic :-)

Josie x

Wheelie said...

I know you do Josie luv. I've seen the photo of you and hubby in The Star :)

I've played with the idea of doing a cartoon of myself as a profile pic - but every time I do one, I end up looking like Carweazle!

'Course, you're far too young to remember him. Or HR Puff'n'Stuff, Double Deckers, Multi Coloured Swop Shop, Clangers......

I married Bagpuss. ;)