Tuesday 10 May 2011

Don't....


"......... call me Tots. I'm too old now. I don't look like a Faerie either. I bet you'll still call me Tots when I'm 50, won't you? Stop trying to change the subject. I'm wise to that trick. I don't need to know how you hide an elephant in a bowl of custard. I suppose you're going to tell me anyway, you always do...."

"Mom, tell him, he's trying to do my head in again....."


No you aren't. Yes you do. Yes I will. It's nice to know that I'm going to reach 100 and thingy too. Yes I am. You paint their feet yellow.

How do they do that? Whoosh through a string of sentences without pausing for for breath ?


6 comments:

Ellie Garratt said...

It's a magical ability all children have until one or more leave home. No-one knows where it comes from.

Loved this post!

Wheelie said...

Thank you Ellie :)

Those cover designs on your blog are cool by the way.

Elizabeth said...

I just LOVED this post, Wheelie. So..o...o true. x

Wheelie said...

Cheers Elizabeth.

The trick is, to persuade an Elephant to float upside down in a dish of custard. They seem remarkably resistant to that.

Teenagers, eh? :)

Rarelesserspotted said...

Tots! I like it. My youngest son got the following nick from me when he was quite young: 'Bags;' I have no idea why - it's got a connection with Bilbo Baggins, but I just can't remember why.

Wheelie said...

If I remember correctly, the 'Tots' thing happened when her aunt bought her a book when Tots was three called 'Totty Wormcake'.

The book has long gone, and I can't find it on the net - but she's quite right, the name has stuck.

Even her mates at school call her Tots :)