Thursday 16 June 2011

Whatever you do..

Don't sprinkle a pinch of black pepper on something, and a few minutes later unthinkingly stick your finger up your nose. Just don't do it. And don't do it at 5:30 am. It frightens the heck out of the neighbours....


~~~~~

Well, the battle lines are drawn. In the nicest possible way :)

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I'm on a diet. I have to lose about a stone (14/15 lb - 7 Kilo's) Not calorie controlled. I have to get more B12 into my system, and there's nothing sensible that'd allow me to do both.

So it's The Wheelie Diet. Eat when I feel like it (not very often) lots of steamed veg, delicate sauces, fish, shell fish when I can get it, half-lean-meat, but no high carbs like shop bought bread, pasta (yuk!) Rice (wubble yuk!).

And definitely, absolutely. No Potatoes.

My Bear has spent years trying one diet or another. I dunno why. Now she hates them with a vengeance. So what do I get?

"I've saved you some Potatoes.." No ta. "Why not?" Don't do them. "You've got to eat something" Yes'm. "Sausages?" No dear. How about some salad? "Every shop around here has run out" Of what, I said, attempting to look quizzical - it's the eyebrow bit. I look like an old Cadburies advert.

"We have some tatties?" Yes dear. Sigh. "A nice big baked one? Oven, not microwave" No dear. "You can have a larger with it." On it? "No you bloody idiot." Damn. "Potato salad?" What salad?

Goes quiet.

I see her examining her feet with great interest. Uh, ho.

"Mashed?" No. "Boiled?" No. "Au Gratin?". Good grief. "Chips?".

Bear, does it involve sacrificing virgins and dancing naked around our Willow? "Don't talk wet, smart-arse."

The diet remains tatty free :)

No comments: