Tuesday 27 September 2011

A least..

"At least" said Bear "You didn't say 'I told you so'. But then, you never do."

No. No sense in doing that.

I'd met someone, an unexpected visitor, and after a shaking of hands, and no more than a minutes chat, I knew where he was at, where he was coming from, and worse, where it was going to. It wasn't good. Bear was in the kitchen making coffee, so I excused myself and asked Bear to quickly jot down some notes for me.

He's highly intelligent, highly motivated, well qualified and seemed to know his stuff.

Then I returned and, gently as could, dropped a few hints and tried to steer him a direction based entirely on my - I dunno what to call it. It's as real to me as though I'd heard it. "Hang on" he kept saying "How do you know that?". Poor chap went quite pale.

I don't know. I never have. When they leave, I have a personal check box system I go through to make sure I've not picked up info from someone or someone else - which is good business practise after all. I rarely need to.

Not been wrong yet. That gut sense? Can I call it that? has served me well for many years, and I've enough confidence to go with it.

About Mmm.. 15 % are not-so-good. This poor chap chose to ignore me. He's on Jobseekers now, and refuses to talk to me. Can't say I blame him :(

More, some of his friends have phoned to tell me I was supposed to help him and I'll "Never work again". Ah, y'see, that's where they're wrong......

1 comment:

Wheelie said...

Update.

Chap has been offered a six quid an hour job at a call centre in Derbyshire. Cool.