Sunday 11 September 2011

Liquorice All sorts

RLS has got me thinking about my garden.

Bear and Tots (I'm told I have to tell you she's 14) planted some potatoes some months back. They forayed out into the veg patch, dug up a few, and found they were a decent size, but still green.

Green is not good. The green is an accumulative poison. Green potato skins killed thousands during the Irish potato famine Don't know what to do with those :(

But, my Butterfly Bush (Davidii Budli) has gone Zoink! so I can't see my front path from here. Going to have to prune that before Rog (Father in Law) The Destroyer Of Trees claps eyes on it.

~~~~~

Tom, my widower neighbour, popped by with 5 sticks of Liquorice root. Blimey, there's a blast from the days of Temperance bars, hot Vimto and Sarsaparilla

Told us he was takin' the mick of a 6 year old neighbours lad, who was playing with a lass. "That your girlfriend is it?" "No. She's a mate" says the 6 year old. "But I know who yours is!"

"Eh? Who's that then?" "It's Grumpy Bear?" "Who?" said Tom. "Well, you always say 'I'm off to The Bears', not to Drays"

Out of the mouths of..... Heh :) Grumpy Bear. He'll go far, will that young man, he will. Chuckle!

~~~~~

I'm off to allow myself to get upset about 9/11 again. For a lot of reasons, it wasn't that far away for me.



1 comment:

Rarelesserspotted said...

Hi Wheelie, just half trim the buddleia in October and then trim closer to the ground in early spring once the worst of the winter has passed.
X