Saturday 22 October 2011

A bit narked

As we say around here.

I've just read a blog of a Stroke Survivor in his twenties who in the last three days has been out with his parents on a shopping trip. Later, he went on a "regular walk" for a MILE, (1,760 steps) took his walking stick, but didn't need it, and was a bit tired.

Why am I annoyed? He's waiting for his Motability car to come through.

Disability living allowance has two components. Care, three levels, lower, upper, middle. Two levels of Mobility. Higher and Lower

I don't get out much, because I can't walk very far. So I only get lower. One of the options of Higher rate Mobility allowance is that you can give up the allowance for an adapted car. 

That seems so wrong.

But get this. To get Higher rate Mobility you must be virtually unable to walk. Eh?

No comments: