Saturday 3 December 2011

Follow the Bear

As much as I 'take the mick' out of my Bear (Anne is her personal) it should be noted, that she's a very hard working Angel of the highest degree. She's my lover, she's my carer, who's stuck with me through hell, high water and stroke. I wouldn't swap her for the world.

She was a bit subdued yesterday. Again. I managed to get out of her (it's called "nagging") that she noticed I'd dropped off in my wheels. My wheels double as my computer chair.

Side note. People who use wheelchairs vary in their ability to walk. A common misconception is that wheelchair users have no mobility whatsoever. It's true of many. Others, like me, it's a matter of degree. I can walk. Just not very far, and when I do, with a bod to lean on. Aka, The Bear.

She decided I should go to bed. Now, keep in mind she's 5' tall. Roughly a foot shorter than me.

She tried to lift me out of my chair. And succeeded. By some quirk, I overbalanced, hit the floor, and she landed on top of me. All I know is I woke up in bed.

But here's the rub. I have no memory of the event whatsoever. Apparently, over the last few days, it's happened twice. I dunno. No memory of it. But Bear's been fretting on the QT.

I feel ok. Just a bit out of step. I'm prone to little strokes, that I recover, in part, quite quickly.

I was up at 05:30 - 06:00 and chirpy as usual, totally unaware. Docs I guess soon.

Ummm. If you do the prayer thing - I'd appreciate it. Cheers




2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Dray, do take care of yourself. I, too, have mini strokes, so I know what you're talking about and often I have no memory of them afterwards. It must be extremely worrying for those who look after us. Big hugs to both you and Anne - and,yes, I'll be praying...xx

Wheelie said...

There you are Elizabeth :)

I've been fretting because your webby went up and down a few times.

See. Some of us out here in the blog'o'sphere worry about you...

Thank you very muchness. Now I know I'm not as bonkers as I was beginning to think I am:)