Friday 24 February 2012

Aw gawd.


Someone accused a learning disabled neighbour of pinching £10 from them. Someone
else she visits got to hear about it, had a go at her, the lass goes to their home to protest her innocence, and gets a black eye from yet another person for her trouble.

In context
she'd done that before from other people, initially denied it, later admitted it, and repaid it.

So her dad gets brassed off, accusations bounced back and forth, and then I have to bring all my hard won diplomatic skills to prevent all out war. I'm reasonably pleased with the outcome. Got seven people to the 'I'm not talking to them' stage. But they're all taking to me, thank goodness. Better than them kicking seven bells out of each other....

Wassit got to do with me? Because I was there when the alleged theft took place. Unfortunately, as usual, I was invisible. It's not impossible that it happened, if you can move faster than a speeding bullet. In the end, I got everyone involved to notice I can be quite, quite, visible when I have to be.

The sad thing is that the youngish lady accused of the theft is addicted to cannabis leaves. 'Weed'. By all ye small gods, These bleeding heart reformers who want to see drugs legalised should get off their pseudo-intellectual high horses and get down and dirty with people like me who deal with those on the ground.

Violence and dispute and the potential breakdown of a community over a tenner. Sheesh :(




No comments: