Thursday 8 March 2012

Different beat

"How come" I was asked yesterday, "That most of your mates are female, or men over 60, or gay, or combinations of ?".

Easy. 'Cause I don't give a toss.

I worry about the purple people. Particularly the ones that don't move much. I get one now and again. All that snoggin' and chest compressions fair gets on my wick.....

Seriously though, I'm happy with myself and who I am, and have been for more years than I can remember. It's a nice place to be. The friends I have, have chosen to engage with me, and I have friends across a wide spectrum of humanity. That includes she who must be obeyed.

As I've used the Internet since 1970, that's a very broad spectrum. Internet? Yep. Are they 'real' mates? Yep. Because one way or another I get to meet them, eventually, which is always a great pleasure. Many of my friendships have been formed through conflict, adversity, eccentricity or sharing a cause.

You can't do better than have good mates, and if you feel the urge to stick people in little boxes, forget it. I'm not interested. Bugger off.

Addendum. A GP from Poland has just sent me a bunch of expensive and beautiful flowers, as an apology because he couldn't come across, a chap who studied in the UK and married a Uk lass.

A man sending a man flowers? Blimey :)

No comments: