Sunday 11 November 2012

Good Grief

Now y'see, this winds me up. I've been told that I'm having what I'm told to eat or go without.

Look at that profile picture. Do I look like a bolshy but talented three year old who won't eat their greens? I would have let it pass  but I was amazed when I pulled them up on it to find they couldn't see anything wrong with saying that.

I got a rambling discourse on how that's what their cooking and that's what 'every else' (whoever they are) is having and........ I said I'll do my own.  That got'em. I'm not a yeller or shouter. I'm a grit my teeth Mr. Reasonable with a calm cool and collected Barry White voice. Flying off the handle is not my thing. I've negotiated with ministers and diplomats, 'civil' servants and once got an apology out of a certain Mr. Scargill. Now that pushes civility to the limit :) I was gifted with The Voice and I unashamedly know how to use it.

In case you're wondering, I was told quite casually out of the blue as if it was quite a normal thing to say. I kinda hoped there was some misunderstanding. Nope.

You can get used to innocent but annoying prejudice. Invisibility is quite common. People talking about me as though I'm not there. That's called the all encompassing "Does he take sugar?" principle. (No, I use sweeteners)



What's my problem? My problem is that the difference between care and control is a very, very thin line.


Catchya. x



No comments: